Sunday, January 02, 2011

Some thoughts on 2010

2010 was a big year for me. In chronological order, I started a new job at GE Money close to home, nice location location by the river.. a workplace that promotes leaving at 5pm and has a culture that suits my grain. Of course it is a corporate world and things are not all lovey dovey - there is an element of stress.. but things outside of work kept me pre-occupied to say the least.


I realised that it' not all about work. There are far greater and more important things - happy and sad that impact your life. Well at least that's the way I see it now-Work life balance


Next up.. I moved back to the flat and started the tweaking, renovation, enhancement - call it what you will. It went from ok to good. Started off with the 'this is an investment, do the minimum to have the maximum impact' to 'ooohhh this would look so good' - the emotions took over the cheque book.


I'll write more about the rest when I am ready. Not quite ready to go through the events of the second half of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment